AnsweredAssumed Answered

Upgrade issues related to database

Question asked by Chris on Aug 16, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 17, 2017 by Chris

I am running 3.9.1.  I previously had tried to upgrade past this a couple years ago, but couldn't get it to work.  See here:  OpenFire 3.9.2 upgrade issues

I'm now trying this again with a newer version of 4.1.5.  I have a test VM so I can play around with the settings, but I stop the service, run the install as administrator.  I answer Yes to overwriting any files during the install.  After, I can't start the OpenFire service.  I get the following error.

2017.08.16 15:24:02 org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer - java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: SSO Failed: Native SSPI library not loaded. Check the java.library.path system property.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: SSO Failed: Native SSPI library not loaded. Check the java.library.path system property.

I've tried copying the ntlmauth.dll (x86) from jtds 1.3.1 so C:\Windows\system32 and restart the server, but that doesn't fix it.  How can I get this library to load or connect to the database?  I'd really like to get upgraded to a newer version of OpenFire.

My openfire.xml has this:

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://[servername]/openfire;appName=jive;instance=SQLEXPRESS

I've tried putting the port number behind servername, but I don't think it's getting that far and that hasn't fixed the problem.  Everything works great in 3.9.1, so I can't figure out what the issue could be at this point.

Outcomes