11 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2017 1:09 AM by wroot

XMPP - host-unknown - fail to connect AWS Ubuntu Openfire from Windows Spark

ZIJIE LI

Description:

I setup openfire on AWS Ubuntu. And I installed Spark on Windows, and tried to login with the username/password, which were created on Openfire. However, I failed to connect the server from Spark.

"ec2-..compute.amazonaws.com" is my AWS server's ipv4 public DNS. I can access my server through internet from Windows browser, by entering "ec2-..compute.amazonaws.com:7070".

AWS Security Group

aws_img.jpg.png

Openfire setup:

XMPP Domain Name: ec2-..compute.amazonaws.com

User:

usrname: test // password: pwd // email: test@ec2-..compute.amazonaws.com

Spark:

usrname: test // password: pwd // domain: ec2-..compute.amazonaws.com

Windows:

I have open port 5280 and 7070 for firework.

What is the Error:

However, I am still unable to connect to openfire. It shows host-unknown, saying that "This server does not serve ec2*.*.compute.amazonaws.com". Here are more details:

May 09, 2017 12:46:24 PM org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection callConnectionClosedOnErrorListener WARNING: Connection closed with error org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$StreamErrorException: host-unknown You can read more about the meaning of this stream error at http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6120.html#streams-error-conditions This server does not serve ec2*.*.compute.amazonaws.com

Anything Missing:

Do I need to add more ports on Windows firewall?

Do I need to setup anything for TLS/SSL certificates on Openfire?

Thank you !!