So, yeah... I'm not sure how to respond to this. Your question is riddled with inaccuracies that a brief tour of our website would have resolved. I'm perfectly happy to help people out, but here, you would simply have had most of your questions answered faster by using Google. In any case:
- We don't have a product called Instant Messenger. Are you referring to Openfire? Spark?
- None of our primary products have anywhere in the past... decade? ... had a release number 1.3.1. Was that a typo, or are you using *really old* stuff?
- All software is licences under the Apache v2 license.
- We provide documentation that describes upgrade paths. Basicallly: 1) create backups, and then 2) install the update.
- We do not define lifecycles for our products.