AnsweredAssumed Answered

Not able to login to openfire admin console

Question asked by Sam on Apr 11, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2017 by Sam

I have installed freshly openfire ver 4.1.3, and it asked me to give old and new password. I don't know the old/current password of admin. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well but still its not helping. In addition I read some solution about create new account through Spark and then define that id into config as authorisedadmin login, but unfortunately spark is not taking my server name. This could be because I have installed openfire on standalone windows 7 machine which is not part of any domain. However logically it should work because while configuring the openfire I am either giving the machine name (Sony-PC) or the localhost IP (127.0.0.1) as both of these are defined in my etc/host file and if I try to ping the localhost or my machine name then it resolves locally and also openfire admin console opens up with the same localhost or machine name or with 127.0.0.1/login.jsp.

Shouldn't uninstallation and reinstallation remove any stored admin password? What should I clean to remove admin password from cache so that when I reinstall it it should be fresh and shouldn't ask me current admin password  or  it resets admin password.

Can someone please help me here?

Thanks!

Outcomes