AnsweredAssumed Answered

StanzaListener not working for type='error'

Question asked by Luis Ángel on Feb 24, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 27, 2017 by Luis Ángel

Not sure if there's a thread about this already, but I've been looking for this and haven't seen anything useful yet.

So currently I am using Smack to create a chat, and everything is working fine, I just have one issue for handling errors, when I send a message and there's an error, I am not able to handle the error because I can't catch the stanza in any listener, so this is what I have:

I send this message:

<message

from='user.a@domine.com/resource'

to='user.b@domine.com/resource'

type='chat'

xml:lang='en'

id='message_id'>

<body>message</body>

</message>

and I have a stanza acknowledged listener, to listen the server when it gets the message, so I can mark my message as sent

mConnection.addStanzaAcknowledgedListener(packet -> {

// In here update my local database for the message that I sent

});

so in this listener, I get the same message that I sent (the one above).

My problem comes here, I get an error from the server, and basically I get the same message, but the type for this is error, which is fin, I can just look at the message_id and update my database and say that the message wasn't sent

<message

from='user.a@domine.com/resource'

to='user.b@domine.com/resource'

type='error'

xml:lang='en'

id='message_id'>

<body>message</body>

<error code='500'>error message</error>

</message>

My problem is that I cannot get this message in any listener, I get that from the logs in the console, but I am not able to get any packet listener using filters to catch this message that I am getting with the error.

finally the question:

Is there any way to catch this stanza message for the type='error'? which listener should I use?

Outcomes