6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2016 12:08 AM by Virusbcn

Openfire 4.0.4 manage users and groups in LDAP

Virusbcn

I read tons about this question in this forum but i am not clear about that, because this i expose my case:

I have installed Openfire about 6 or 7 years ago in a little business with about 20-25 users distributed about 4 sites/headquarters, i have installed Spark and Miranda in a windows computers and all users have in your spark messenger 4 groups with users inside in each site like this ->   (group site1->user1,user2,etc) (group site2->user1,2, etc...)  and each user can communicate with each user in the business through groups/site, i install this about many years ago and all users and groups about each site are in LDAP windows. When i have a new user, i create in a Windows DC and add to group/site and automatically i have a user in Spark in group/site i add, i not make anything more about this

And now, i install a new Openfire 4.0.4 directly in a Windows DC 2012 (maybe too risky???) and i configurate LDAP to DC and its working good, i read all users and all groups, the Spark clients i change the server to connect a new server and login good and i see in the server connected, but....  i can not configure this spark clients ¿?? if i go one by one spark and add users one by one its working, but i can not to say to 25 users how can add and organize the other 25 users, and in a "users lists" in panel Openfire web i can go one by one users and configure one by one add users but its a more heavy work, i can not make a template or simply add groups/site in each user, if i can add the four groups in each user i'm satisfied

Please i'm impatient to hear ideas on how to handle this case  :-(

Thank you for all your ideas

PD: I want see my old config but now i can not enter to admin because another problem