AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to persist users(MultiUserChat) and chat history in Openfire (Ver 4.0.3) using SMACK API (4.2.0 Beta1)

Question asked by Sai Sarath on Sep 5, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 13, 2017 by Devendra MAni

I have successfully created a multiuserchat group, but the user goes offline the user is removed from the group, and i want to have the history of messages to save for the user the next time he logs in. I found some approaches from previous and deduced as follows

1. There are several old answers out there but none of them is based on new SMACK API 4.1.5+
  2. using "Stream Management", but i have no idea what and how to do it, How it helps to solve my problem.
  3. Using a PUBSUB for getting messages and delivering to user and showing the pseudo-list of users.

I want to know the best and effective approach or any libs which help to achieve my result. I am a newbie to XMPP and have 2+ year experience in java

NOTE: I am looking for a whatsapp group chat implementation to kick/invite/providing_permissions to the user and history of messages for notifications/when he is offline.

I am searching for this from long time , Any Help is really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The same question is also available at stack overflow, please find at android - How to persist users(MultiUserChat) and chat history in Openfire (Ver 4.0.3) using SMACK API (4.2.0 Beta1) - S…

Outcomes