We have recently enabled clustering on Openfire using Hazelcast plugin. We are using openfire version 3.8.2 and Hazelcast plugin version 1.0.6 for this. Within few hrs of being installed we identified major time memory leaks and higher demand on heap memory. On further analysis using profiling tools, we saw that this is mainly related to the caching implementation of Hazelcast which had a greater memory demand.
We cannot increase Heap Memory as we are already on 2 G mark and cannot increase further. We have used the default properties and settings of Hazelcast. Would request the experts to let us know of any solution to optimize memory usage and limit the memory leaks with Hazelcast clustering solution with Openfire.