Ignite realtime communiity is happy to release the Redfire Spark plugin version 0.9
- Fixed: The screen sharing image does not scale down. When you resize the window smaller, the image should re-scale.
- Fixed: When the connection ends, the remote window should close
- Changed: Screen share default frame-rate is set at 15fps
- Changed: When a video or screen share request is recieved, the user's request buttons are disabled until pending request is accepted or rejected.
How to send a request to share video/audio or screen in chat or group chat
Start a normal chat or group chat
Share audio/video in chat or group chat (12 people max) by clicking on the red5 icon
Share all or part or your desktop screen in a chat or chat room by clicking on the picture icon next to the red5 icon
The other user(s) will receive a request to join audio/video or screenshare
Use the accept or decline buttons to accept or reject request. The red5 video and screen share buttons will be disabled until a choice is made.
How to upgrade your existing Redfire plugin for Spark,
- You should be using Redfire plugin for Openfire version 0.0.0.5 and above
- Quit Spark,
- Delete the redfire-plugin folder and redfire-plugin.jar file in your USER_HOME\Spark\plugins
- Download the new redfire-plugin.jar file from your Redfire home page
- Copy new redfire-plugin.jar to SPARK_HOME\plugins
- Restart Spark
Where can I download the plugin
Look for the file redfire-plugin.jar attached to this post.