Dele Olajide

Redfire plugin for Spark

Discussion created by Dele Olajide Champion on Mar 16, 2011
Latest reply on May 2, 2012 by williamopenfire

Image2.jpg

Here is my first quick attempt at doing a Redfire plugin for Spark. It is very different from the old red5 plugin, but should work on all platforms. It does not popup a window as before, but tries to open the two-person or multi-person Redfire video web applications depending on if you are in a chat or conference room

Image1.jpg

This implies that you must have initiated a chat or conference normally and asked all participants to use their red5 button to open their audio/video windows in their browsers like this. I have used the BareBonesBrowserLaunch class which should work with most OS and browser types.

Image7.jpg

To install, exit Spark, copy the redfire-plugin.jar to your normal Spark plugins folder (USER_HOME\Spark\plugins) and restart Spark.

Please note that this varies with each OS platform. On my wiindows PC, it is C:\Documents and Settings\MY-USERID\Spark\plugins

If you want a bigger video screen for 4 partcipants only in conference room, then replace the 12-person videoConf.lzx.swf in the video folder with the one attached.

If you change your HTTP-BIND port in Openfire from 7070 or need to change the server name, then copy the red5.properties file to USER_HOME\Spark

#Red5 Settings

server=10.0.0.23

port=8080

Edit the video.html and videoConf.html files to change your webcam settings for optimal quality/bandwidth values.

var bw = getPageParameter('bw', '25600');

var pq = getPageParameter('pq', '0');

var fps = getPageParameter('fps', '15');

var msr = getPageParameter('msr', '8');

fo.addVariable("bandwidth", bw);

fo.addVariable("picQuality", pq);

fo.addVariable("framesPerSec", fps);

fo.addVariable("micSetRate", msr);

fo.addVariable("streamKey", key);

These values are very conservative. For example, microphone sample rate is 8k (telephone quality). Try 22 or 41, but watch out for network traffic especially with a conference room.

Finally, source is included in the redfire-plugin.jar file. Look for USER_HOME\Spark\plugins\redfire-plugin\classes\org\jivesoftware\spark\plugin\re d5

This have now been replaced with new version. See http://community.igniterealtime.org/thread/44215?tstart=0

Attachments

Outcomes