AnsweredAssumed Answered

Spark Web connects to old version of Openfire, but not new ?

Question asked by simonuk1 on Oct 29, 2008
Latest reply on Nov 10, 2008 by Dele Olajide

I am very confused.

I have 2 installs of openfire:

Openfire 3.5.2

Openfire 3.6.0

I have installed sparkweb on apache on the same server as the 3.6.0 server, however I put in the details for the 3.6 server in the boxes at the prompt and it goes away and comes back without logging in. I then put the details of the 3.5.2 server in the prompts and it works first time. Even though the java script has the settings for the 3.6 server which doesnt work.

I have even commented out the javascript completely and it still connects the the 3.5.2 server, I presume there must be some default ports etc that it seems able to get to on the older version.

I have tried using socket and http but nothing works connecting it to the 3.6 server.

The port summary for the 3.6.0 is:

All addresses 5222  Client to Server The standard port for clients to connect to the server. Connections may or may not be encrypted. You can update the security settings for this port. 
All addresses 5223  Client to Server The port used for clients to connect to the server using the old SSL method. The old SSL method is not an XMPP standard method and will be deprecated in the future. You can update the security settings for this port. 
All addresses 9090  Admin Console The port used for unsecured Admin Console access.
All addresses 9091  Admin Console The port used for secured Admin Console access.
All addresses 8081  HTTP Binding The port used for unsecured HTTP client connections.
All addresses 7443  HTTP Binding The port used for secured HTTP client connections.
All addresses 3478 & 3479  STUN Service The port used for the service that ensures connectivity between entities when behind a NAT.
All addresses 5229  Flash Cross Domain Service that allows Flash clients connect to other hostnames and ports.

The port summary for the 3.5.2 is:

All addresses 5222  Client to Server The standard port for clients to connect to the server. Connections may or may not be encrypted. You can update the security settings for this port. 
All addresses 5223  Client to Server The port used for clients to connect to the server using the old SSL method. The old SSL method is not an XMPP standard method and will be deprecated in the future. You can update the security settings for this port. 
All addresses 9090  Admin Console The port used for unsecured Admin Console access.
All addresses 9091  Admin Console The port used for secured Admin Console access.
All addresses 8081  HTTP Binding The port used for unsecured HTTP client connections.
All addresses 7443  HTTP Binding The port used for secured HTTP client connections.
All addresses 3478 & 3479  STUN Service The port used for the service that ensures connectivity between entities when behind a NAT.
All addresses 5229  Flash Cross Domain Service that allows Flash clients connect to other hostnames and ports

There are no firewalls on either server.

Both servers are running linux.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Simon

Outcomes