AnsweredAssumed Answered

Relationship between Openfire-AsteriskIM-Spark Sip phone-etc.

Question asked by edisoninfo on Sep 25, 2008
Latest reply on Sep 27, 2008 by Phantos

I have a PBXinAflash server running fine. Openfire 3.06a running on the same box. Spark 2.5.8 running on my XP workstation. I just can not seem to get my head wrapped around how all these play together. I created a user for myself in OF and even attached all of my IM accounts to it via the IM gateway. When I sign into Spark all of the IM buddies show up and work great. I installed the new sip-phone module in Openfire and in Spark. Now my delima. If I configure it for my desktop (Aastra 57i) phone, then all calls go to Spark instead of my phone. I don't want that. I want Spark to reflect what I am doing on the desktop phone, popup the incoming callerid, etc., but I do not want it to actually be a phone. As a test, I created a brand new extension in Asterisk, Openfire, and Spark and that works. I can dial into it from a desktop, call out from it, etc. but a completely seperate sip extension is not what I am after. Incoming calls to my desktop do not show up nor reflect my status in Spark.

Somehow I also would like to add in all of the other phone extensions into Spark so I can see their status. I added them as contacts but they just show "pending".

Outcomes