AnsweredAssumed Answered

Asterisk-IM not authenticating to Asterisk

Question asked by djwhisky on Jan 3, 2008
Latest reply on Mar 29, 2012 by anunci

Hi there

I've just done a fresh install of OpenFire and installed the Asterisk-IM plugin.

I've added the details of our Asterisk server, but it doesn't connect and go green at all - it just stays grey the whole time. I've used the same login details as I have with other bits of software connecting to Asterisk but it doesn't like it, and double checked by telnet-ting into the Asterisk Call Manager to check them.

The OpenFire console gives me the following errors:

03-Jan-2008 14:08:27 org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.ManagerConnectionImpl connect

INFO: Connecting to 172.31.255.2:5038

03-Jan-2008 14:08:28 org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.ManagerConnectionImpl setProtocolIdentifier

INFO: Connected via Asterisk Call Manager/1.0

Starting Enterprise Server

03-Jan-2008 14:08:29 org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.ManagerConnectionImpl disconnect

INFO: Closing socket.

and in the error logs:

14:08:29

[org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskPhoneManager.init(Asteri skPhoneManager.java:75)

]

Error connecting to asterisk server

org.asteriskjava.live.ManagerCommunicationException:

Unable to login

at

org.asteriskjava.live.internal.AsteriskServerImpl.initializeIfNee ded(AsteriskServerImpl.java:236)

at

org.asteriskjava.live.internal.AsteriskServerImpl.initialize(Aste riskServerImpl.java:217)

at

org.asteriskjava.live.DefaultAsteriskServer.initialize(DefaultAst eriskServer.java:123)

at

org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.CustomAsteriskServer.logon(Custom AsteriskServer.java:61)

at

org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskPhoneManager.connectToSer ver(AsteriskPhoneManager.java:120)

at

org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskPhoneManager.init(Asteris kPhoneManager.java:66)

at

org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskPlugin.initPhoneManager(A steriskPlugin.java:85)

at

org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin.init(PhonePlugin.java:100)

at

org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin$1.call(PhonePlugin.java:298)

at

org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin$1.call(PhonePlugin.java:294)

at

java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at

java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown

Source)

at

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown

Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown

Source)

Caused by:

org.asteriskjava.manager.AuthenticationFailedException: Authentication

failed

at

org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.ManagerConnectionImpl.doLogin(M anagerConnectionImpl.java:573)

at

org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.ManagerConnectionImpl.login(Man agerConnectionImpl.java:433)

at

org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.ManagerConnectionImpl.login(Man agerConnectionImpl.java:418)

at

org.asteriskjava.manager.DefaultManagerConnection.login(DefaultMa nagerConnection.java:266)

at

org.asteriskjava.live.internal.AsteriskServerImpl.initializeIfNee ded(AsteriskServerImpl.java:232)

14 more

I've checked, double-checked and triple checked that I'm using the right username and password (we're using an ic-talk.co.uk system and the default username and password are still in place AstTapi/AstTapi), so any help would be greatly appreciated - i've been scratching my head all day over it!

Many thanks

James

Outcomes