xkennan

Not Logging in to Asterisk Manager Interface

Discussion created by xkennan on Aug 12, 2006

The Asterisk-IM plugin is not logging in to the manager interface.  I get the following error:

 

 

2006.08.11 21:51:45 [org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskPlugin.initPhoneMan

ager(AsteriskPlugin.java:84)]

java.lang.NullPointerException

        at org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskPhoneManager.init(AsteriskPho

neManager.java:91)

        at org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskPlugin.initPhoneManager(Aster

iskPlugin.java:81)

        at org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin.init(PhonePlugin.java:71)

        at org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin.initializePlugin(PhonePlugin.java:

64)

        at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginMa

nager.java:396)

        at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginMa

nager.java:47)

        at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(P

luginManager.java:883)

        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

 

 

Before you tell me to read the other posts, I did and downloaded every fix out there.  When I show "show manager connected" nothing returns. 

 

My config is RHEL4, Asterisk 1.2.9, Wildfire 3.0.1 and Asterisk-IM 1.1.1.  I recently upgraded and it worked before upgrading.

 

Please help!

 

X

 

Message was edited by: xkennan

 

Message was edited by: xkennan

 

I figured out the problem as many others have indicated that they have.  Only for the benefit of others who run in to the same problem, I will actually explain what I did to resolve the issue.  The problem was that nothing was displayed when I went to the Asterisk-IM tab.  The log (see above) indicated that the plugin was encountering some error when trying to login to the manger interface on Asterisk. 

 

I can''t explain why this worked, but I did the following and it seemed to resolve the issue.  Unfortunately, I did a couple of things so I also can''t exactly tell you which step fixed the problem.  First, I changed the value of  asterisk.manager.server to localhost from the IP address.  Second, I set the value of  asterisk.manager.enabled to false.  After doing both of these I was able to go to the Asterisk-IM tab, where the form was no longer blank, and I reactivated the manager connection.  Then I downloaded and installed the patched 1.1.1 jar for 3.0.1 from here:  http://www.couplet.be/temp/status_fix/asterisk-im.jar

 

Don''t know why this worked but it did.

Outcomes