I have decided to have a go at fixing the SIP Phone plugin that is currently in use with Spark 2.6.3.
Things that I have noticed at the beginning of my work.
- Spark 2.5.8 Windows and Mac versions work fine
- Spark 2.6.3 Windows makes an initial call but generates huge volumes of outbound traffic. After the first call it hangs Spark.
- Spark 2.6.3 Mac fails to make a call after installation. Remove all codec except ulaw and it works well.
Having read the forums and done some initial investigation I am assuming that the problems is Codec related. If not there is certainly some work to be done here anyway.
I will be working mostly in may spare time on this one but I do have a vested interest in getting it to work. I will also include Linux when I have a better grasp of the underlying Sip Phone code.
If anybody has other suggestions then please inform me on this thread.
All the best
Dan Winfield, Voxhub