This is a highly customized version of the registration plugin from Ryan Graham. You can see the interface on jabber.rwth-aachen.de in action. The servlet is integrated via PHP-HttpClient, so the website is able to notice if the server/plugin is down an can show a nice and user friendly error message.
- registration and activation (email authentication)
- automatic creation of vCard (fullname and email)
- a new user can chose if he wants to see a shared group ''Jabber Admins'' in his roster. (one way subscription)
- ensure user is member of RWTH-Aachen university (has a *rwth-aachen.de email address)
- ensure strong passwords (sends warning message if user sets a weak password via jabber-client, too)
- exponential waiting time if entered wrong password
- change password, lost password (email authentication)
- invite users by email
- simple statistics (count of registered and online users)
- delete account
- ban users from using webinterface (except account deletion)
) prevent remote users from using components, e.g. transports. You can specify which components should be monitored and whitelist single JIDs or complete remote jabber-servers. Blocked users get a message why their traffic was dropped.
This plugin will not run out of the box. If you want to use this plugin you will have to customize it for your needs. At least you will have to setup some hardcoded paths and compile the plugin. Most strings/messages are GERMAN and partially specific for rwth-aachen university. Sourcecode comments and class/variable names are English.
This plugin is open source so everyone can take ideas and source snippets and build his/her own plugin. (in respect of the license)
- Project site (German)
Martin Weusten (Coolcat)