For registration of a users Spark Soft Phone, we've taken the XMPP
approach, and added all configurations within the server and not leave
it up to each individual client. You will need to download the
Enteprise plugin to get started (get a 30 day evaluation license,
Enterprise is awesome). Once you have the plugin installed, click on
the "Enterprise" tab, and do the following:
Locate the Phone settings in the left side navigation.
Click on "SIP Phone Mappings"
Inside the table, click on "Add new Phone Mapping". You will be presented with the following UI.!http://wiki.igniterealtime.org/download/attachments/165/image_Jg.png!
Let's walk through the form and what each field really means.
- XMPP Username: This is just your username and not your full address, so for me, I would just use "derek".
SIP username: Depending on what SIP server you use (Asterisks,
Gizmoserver), your username could be your extension or your full phone
number or really whatever the administrator of the sip server wants it
- Authorization Username: Generally the same as the SIP username.
- Display Phone Number: Whatever number your type will be displayed in the main status area of your Spark client.
- Password: Your sip server account password.
- Server: The IP address or domain of your sip server.
- Voice Mail Number: This is the number that will be auto-dialed inside Spark when the user clicks on the voice mail button.
Once you have filled everything out, click on the "Create" button.
In the very near future, we will do validation of your SIP account
directly from the server.
Ok, so assuming all the information you typed in is correct, start
up your Spark client (Spark 2.5.0 Beta 3). Once the client loads, you
should see a phone area similar to the one below. If so, start making
I'll be updating this page with feature walk throughs in the very near future, so stay tuned.