The Ignite Realtime Community is very happy to announce the release of Openfire 3.7.0!
You can get your copy of the new release from the Openfire project page on the Ignite Realtime Community website. A fresh batch of plugins, compiled against the latest code is available there too.
As it is the accumulation of nearly two years of work, this new release bring a lot of new features, bugfixes and improvements. Amongst the more notable changes:
- Openfire is now released under the Apache v2.0 licence.
- Improves how Openfire handles "idle" connections. Some of you may have the system property xmpp.client.idle set to -1 to work around previously broken behaviour. You may now let it default to 6 minutes or set it to your preference.
- Improved Openfire's caching to be less prone to memory exhaustion by correctly calculating cache size usage.
- Fixed a bug where admin console login into a newly installed Openfire server would fail until restarted.
- Fixed a bug with shared rosters within a LDAP environment.
- A memory leak with the Personal Eventing Protocol (PEP) was fixed.
- Openfire's custom log interface has been replaced with SLF4J and a Log4J backend.
- Fix issues with self signed SSL certificates.
- A number of improvements and fixes were made to the Multi-User Chat (MUC) configuration pages on the admin console
- There were also some improvements made to the plugins, including the addition of brand new Jingle Nodes plugin.
- There are also French, Russian, and Lithuanian langauge translation fixes for Openfire and some of the plugins.
A complete set of changes since the 3.6.4 release can be found in the release notes. The changes there include the changes that were part of the beta release. Since the beta, 11 issues were fixed.